Monday, December 14, 2009

Run! Run! As Fast as You Can.....

Today we did some more gingerbread activities. I re-read "The Gingerbread Man", and I used a gingerbread puppet to tell the story. In the afternoon, I read the story, "The Gingerbread Boy." We discussed how this story was different from "The Gingerbread Girl." We also discussed all of the different people and animals that the gingerbread girl/boy ran away from. Then, we made our own gingerbread book. The students had to write who their gingerbread girl/boy was going to run away from. Then, they drew a picture of their gingerbread girl/boy running away from it. They did a wonderful job! They are improving so much on hearing and writing the sounds from a word on their own. Also, they are becoming quite the artists. I'm sharing a few pages from our class book. I wish I could share all of them. Our gingerbread book is now on our class bookshelf for them to read in reading center.

One friend illustrated the cover of the book for us
Photobucket
Here are a few pages from the book - Aren't they great? :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment