Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our Decorated Door

Our school's theme for Read Across America this year is: "Feed your mind." Obviously, we want the students to feed their minds with books. Our librarian photographed each teacher with their favorite book and made it into a cool poster. I have too many favorite books, so I picked my current favorite: "The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark." We used these posters to help decorate our doors for our annual door decorating contest. I had each student pose in the reading center with their favorite books too. I put these photos along with the student's illustrations about their favorite book on the door. I even made an illustration to go with my book too! In case you want to check them out, here were the student's favorite books:
1. Pinkalicious
2. Purplicious
3. Goldilicious (2)
4. The Cat in the Hat
5. The Gingerbread Girl
6. The Gingerbread Cowboy
7. The Very Ugly Bug
8. David Goes to School
9. Bad Kitty
10. Poor Puppy
11. Skeleton Meets the Mummy (2)
12. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
There were 3 students who were absent, and they will get their pictures on the door as soon as they get back.
Here's the door:
Photobucket
Here are some close-ups:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment