Thursday, September 22, 2011

Counting with Stickers!

In math, I gave each student a blank number grid and a sheet of stickers. We went on to put the correct number of stickers on each numbered row (IE. we put 2 stickers next to the 2 row, 3 next to the 3 row, etc.) The students realized the pattern after a few rows, and they saw that it made a staircase. Also, this was a fun way to practice our counting skills. When they were finished, I let them keep the rest of the stickers. You would have thought that I gave them a million dollars! :-) We've also been working on the letters I and J this week. We have made iguanas and jaguars. Plus, they have been reading pre-decodable books in reading groups. I'm so proud of them!
Here's the iguanas and jaguars:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Counting the stickers and putting to them on the number grid
Photobucket
Photobucket
Here are some of their finished number grids:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment