Friday, March 26, 2010

A Spring Walk!

We went on a spring walk around our school's neighborhood. I told the students to watch closely because we were going to write about what we saw when we got back. We saw all kinds of neat things on our walk. Here are some of them: pokey balls, flowers, stop signs, birds, baby trees, Kansas flag, horse statues, Christmas lights and much more. When we came back, each student wrote about what they saw and drew a picture of it too. Then, I took all of the student's papers and made a class book with them. I think it was one of our best class books. :-) In the afternoon, we had study buddies. We played a game where the students took turns rolling the dice. The student with the highest number got to take a counter. The student to get 10 counters first was the winner. They had a great time! Lastly, we celebrated another birthday today! C brought in peanut butter birthday cupcakes. They were delicious!

Here are a few pages from our class book:
I saw leaf and horse (statue).
Photobucket
I saw a flower and a bush.
Photobucket
I saw a pokey. I saw a stop sign.
Photobucket
I saw a flag.
Photobucket
Playing a math game with their study buddies
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Birthday C!
Photobucket
C's table enjoying the cupcakes
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment