Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Day Before the Holiday Break

The students had been begging to watercolor for several weeks. We recently worked on W in Animated Alphabet, and I thought painting the W with watercolors would be perfect. As the students would say, "Ohhh, because watercolor starts with W." They loved it! They spent at least 20 minutes perfecting their W's. Later in the day, we got a visit from Mrs. G's dog. Our school has been raising money for the Helping Hands Humane Society for the Holidays, and primary (K-2) raised the most. This means we got a visit with a dog who originally came from the shelter. She was so sweet. Everybody got a chance to pet her.
Being the last day before the holiday break, we watched the cartoon version of "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." Afterward, the students enjoyed cookies and chocolate milk. Unfortunately, I went home with the stomach flu after lunch, so I didn't get any pictures of the celebration. At the end of the day, the students went to the all school sing-a-long, and our school gave the Helping Hands Humane Society our donations. I was sad I missed it, but I'm sure they did a great job singing their song. Happy Holidays! I hope you enjoy the few pictures that I was able to get.

Painting their W's with watercolors
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Petting Mrs. G's dog

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment