Thursday, April 1, 2010

Graphing Jelly Beans and Reading Fun!

In math, each student was given a bag of Starburst jelly beans and a blank graph. We graphed the colors of jelly beans we had in our bag and discussed the results. When we were finished, we enjoyed the jelly beans. We also made a class book about what we want to do on Easter. Several of the kids wanted to go on Easter egg hunts or meet the Easter bunny. One friend even wanted to help the Easter bunny. At snack time, we took our snack outside. I read to them while we ate. It was such a beautiful day. We read about a cow who laid an egg, and we read our favorite book, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." It was so much fun! We will have to do it again sometime. Lastly, I wanted to share a couple video clips of 2 of my groups reading a book in reading groups. We have been working on a silly book about a dog who has a pet boy! They did an awesome job! As you remember, the students are mixed up for reading groups among the 4 kindergarten teachers, so that is why some of the students may look unfamiliar to you.

Graphing jelly beans
Photobucket
Photobucket
A few pages from our Easter class book
"Play with my family"
Photobucket
"I see Easter bunny."
Photobucket
"Help the Easter bunny"
Photobucket
"I am going to go on a Easter hunt."
Photobucket
We had just finished outside. They're yelling the word "outside!" for the picture. :-)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Video clips of 2 of my groups reading "My pet Bobby" in reading groups

No comments:

Post a Comment